To our valued clients and community partners,
Like all human service agencies across the nation, Waypoint is playing a critical role in the local response strategy to the coronavirus, COVID-19. We want to assure you that we are in constant communication with health experts, and state and federal officials, and are continually monitoring the news on this pandemic. We are taking every precaution to protect the safety and well-being of our staff and clients.
Here are some of the things we are doing to prevent the spread of the virus and still provide assistance to the people we serve:
- Waypoint has modified services to optimum extent in an effort to prevent the spread of the virus. Program adaptations are being communicated to clients by their respective case managers. In accordance with best practice, response to client need is considered on a case by case basis and always with everyone’s safety in mind.
- We have moved to a low-density workplace with many of our staff working remotely.
- Large gatherings such as support groups, workshops, trainings, and events, are cancelled and in some cases are being conducted over the internet.
- Staff leadership is in regular communication to continue prevention measures and adapt accordingly.
- We are restricting in-person meetings and are utilizing tele-conferencing
- Those on-site are mindful of proper hand washing and good respiratory hygiene and anti-bac/disinfectants are readily available throughout all sites.
- We have intensified the cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting of all facilities.
- Staff are educating their clientele on best prevention measures and providing whatever resources they can to help them stay safe and healthy.
- We stand at the ready to make necessary changes as the situation evolves.
Many people are asking how they can help, expressing their concern for those we serve knowing that they are among our most vulnerable populations. We are truly grateful to be a part of such a strong, caring community. At this time, monetary donations are most appreciated as they enable us to continue delivering services through challenging times. You can donate here.
To reach us for assistance, please call 1-800-640-6486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.