- Early Childhood & Family Support
- Homelessness Youth Continuum
- Intervention & Treatment
- Seniors & Adults with Disabilities
- Camp Spaulding
Foster Care Recruitment
Region Statewide Eligibility NH residents Fee No cost to clients Contact Katie Buckley
Fostering is amazing and rewarding. Right now, there is a child in YOUR community who needs you! Each child/adolescent needs a special person/family who can provide, kindness, patience and understanding….to provide a safe, stable, loving, and positive place to call home.
First, let's break a few myths about becoming a foster parent:
You don’t have to be perfect
You don’t have to own your own home
You don’t have to be rich
You don’t have to be married
You don’t have to have a college degree
You don’t have to already be a parent
You do have to have:
A big heart
An open mind
A sense of humor
A stable home
A desire to help
Some steps to becoming a foster parent:
- Home study
- A 21 hour training course
- Home health and fire inspection
- Medical Information forms for each family member in your home
- Criminal records check including fingerprinting
- Central Registry check
You’ll get all kinds of support, training, and even a stipend for your commitment.
You probably have questions! Here are some FAQs to help you along your journey to fostering.
Changing the course for homeless youth.